Friday, December 14, 2007

Loh Mai Chee (Muah Chee)












I made this for the first time today! They turned out amazingly delicious! I think these custard filled muah chee taste even better than the usual red bean filled ones :-)

The recipe is from Yves Kitchen (in Chinese). I made 27 muah chee. I think you can make 30 since my first few muah chee started off a bit on the plump side :P













For the filling, I used ~1tsp vanilla essence instead since I didn't have any vanilla powder at home. It turned out fine with a yummy vanilla scent.

I also microwaved ~1 tbsp uncooked flour-cream mixture for 30 seconds and that made one piece of muah chee. How much custard you put in depends how much you like and whether you can fit it all in without it spilling out. But then if it spills out you can always cover it with coconut!

No comments: